Managing after years of struggle, the author hopes you will live vicariously through him and that it will be as valuable as living it yourself. Or something like that.
Monday, November 19, 2012
I don't recommend
I don't recommend going to Firestone to get your car fixed. It costs a bundle and they'll probably do a shitty job and take cover it by offering you free oil change next time instead of the gas that you actually need due to their mistake. Man. Shitty.
I was working at a record store across from a bookstore in Denver. Between the clerks at the record store and the clerks at the coffee shop at the bookstore, a kind of camaraderie was forged. One day, i walked in to the cafe and asked how things were going. R, a sweet and personable girl as well as the manager, said, "Livin' the dream" and let off her usual chuckle. From that point on, i would hear her, and indeed many of the other workers remark in the same manner. Of course this isn't the dream. Shit jobs in retail and/or coffee shops for people in their late twenties are far from 'the dream' that America is supposed to represent and foster, but we had each other. And maybe that was as close as any of us would truly get to 'the dream'. However ironical, it is with the spirit of R's words that i present my work, what i like to do, in the hopes that some day i may actually be able to truly live the dream. Thanks for reading...
31 years old, currently living in Denver, CO, but probably moving soon. I love the shit out of some music, sleeping, and meeting women. I grew up in Omaha, NE which is where my schizophrenia first reared its ugly head. I have family all over the states. My father died in 2007 of heart failure. I miss him dearly and hope he's looking down on all i do with an open heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment